1AH 2021 - 2022
Dear parents / carers,
Please have a look at the Subject knowledge organisers for the Spring term. They have been added to the files section - please scroll down to view them. You will find knowledge organisers for: Art, Science, Geography and History. They will show you an overview of what your child will be learning this term and the vocabulary they will be expected to learn so that you can help support your child's learning.
Thank you for your continued support.
Welcome back to school!
I hope you have all enjoyed your summer holidays and are well rested and ready to start the new term in Year 1!
- The 1AH classroom is the first classroom to the right of the Whitehouse Centre (it has a red slide in the outdoor area).
- School starts at 8.45 AM and the gate will be open for you to come up to the classroom door. As the children are now in Year 1, they will come in by themselves so please wave them goodbye from the classroom door.
- Please ensure your child brings in a bottle of water each day (labelled with their name). This will go home at the end of the day to be cleaned and refilled for the following day.
- Your PE day will be Thursday – children must come into school wearing their PE kit (jogging bottoms and long sleeve tops will be needed as the weather becomes cooler.
- Knowledge organisers will be available every half term – please read them to find out about all the exciting things your child will be learning.
- Reading is extremely important. Every child must read for at least 10 minutes a day. We will be sending home reading books every Friday. In addition, please use Reading Eggs and any other books you already have at home.
- Children will be getting free fruit during break times. Alternatively, they can bring in their own choice of healthy snack if they prefer.
- Homework – is set each half term and will be a project based on the current class topic. Details of this will follow soon.
- Please clearly label all your child's uniform and belongings with their name.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to catch me either at the start or end of the day. I look forward to seeing you all on Monday 6th September!
Mrs Haq and the Year 1 Team
Files to Download
1AH: News items
1AH: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
1AH: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
1AH: Events items
There are no Events items to display