1KF 2022 - 2023
Welcome to 1KF,
I hope you have all had a lovely summer holiday with your friends and family. I cannot wait to get to know you all and teach you lots of interesting lessons and topics throughought the school year. The school year begins on the 5th September 2022.
- Please remember to bring a water bottle to class every day, these can be kept in the water tray and refilled by an adult if needed.
- Children will be given free fruit at playtime, if they wish they can bring their own fruit choice from home.
- Knowledge organisers will be avaliable every half term to give more detail on the objectives for each subject. These will be uploaded to school spider for you to see, you can share them with your children and even create your own at home to help you remember the facts.
- Reading is extremly important. Every child should aim to read for at least ten minutes each evening. Grown ups can also read to children using the bedtime story books avaliable to take home from the classroom.
- Home reading books - All staff have recently had training using Read, Write Inc. Children will bring books home to read that they will be familiar with based on their lessons. It is incredibly important that children regularly have their book bags in school to progress through the scheme and change the books regularly.
- PE will be every THURSDAY and children are asked to come to school PE ready with kit on. This includes pumps/trainers, joggers/leggings, t-shirt and jumper as it is outdoors. If possible please avoid hooded tops for safety. Please only put children in trainers with laces if they can tie them independently.
- Homework will be a termly project to begin the year and this task will support your child's learning in the classroom.
See you all very soon,
Miss Finlan :)
Files to Download
1KF: News items
Event Welcome Coffee Morning Wed 5th October 2022 KS1 Hall, by Mr Whitfield
1KF: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
1KF: Display work items
1KF: Events items
There are no Events items to display