1KF 2022 - 2023
Welcome back 1KF,
I hope you all had a lovely Easter holiday and are excited for all the things coming up this half-term. Take a look at the Summer 1 newsletter and knowledge organisers to find out what learning is coming up.
Friday 21st April - Eid al-Fitr
Wednesday 26th April - Beep! Beep! Road Safety Day
Monday 1st May - Bank Holiday
Monday 8th May - Bank Holiday (King Charles III Coronation)
- Please remember to bring a water bottle to class every day, these can be kept in the water tray and refilled by an adult if needed.
- Children will be given free fruit at playtime, if they wish they can bring their own fruit choice from home.
- Knowledge organisers will be avaliable every half term to give more detail on the objectives for each subject. These will be uploaded to school spider for you to see, you can share them with your children and even create your own at home to help you remember the facts.
- Reading is extremly important. Every child should aim to read for at least ten minutes each evening. Grown ups can also read to children using the bedtime story books avaliable to take home from the classroom.
- Home reading books - All staff have recently had training using Read, Write Inc. Children will bring books home to read that they will be familiar with based on their lessons. It is incredibly important that children regularly have their book bags in school to progress through the scheme and change the books regularly.
- Read Write Inc sound booklets - These yellow booklets were sent out prior to the Easter holiday. You must practise these each day with your child. Remember to say "Special Friends, Fred Talk, read the word". Please come and see me if you are unsure on what to do with these.
- PE will be every Monday and Friday and children are asked to come to school PE ready with kit on. This includes pumps/trainers, joggers/leggings, t-shirt and jumper as it is outdoors. If possible please avoid hooded tops for safety. Please only put children in trainers with laces if they can tie them independently.
- Homework will be a termly project to begin the year and this task will support your child's learning in the classroom.
Miss Finlan :)
Files to Download
1KF: News items
Pupil of the Day Competition, by Miss Redford
100% Attendance Reward Draw, by Miss Redford
Event Welcome Coffee Morning Wed 5th October 2022 KS1 Hall, by Mr Whitfield
1KF: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
1KF: Display work items
1KF 14.9.22 Numeracy, by Mr Whitfield
1KF 12.9.22, by Mr Whitfield
1KF 22.9.22, by Mr Whitfield
1KF: Events items
There are no Events items to display
We are very social...