RDC 2020 - 2021
Hello everyone and welcome to RDC!
We would just like to say - a big thank you to everyone who is working from home. We are aware of how difficult and strange this may be and we fully appreciate all of your hard work and support! Myself and the Reception team love seeing all of your online learning via Tapestry or collected workpacks, so keep up the hard work. Don't forget if you need us for anything - phone school; the Newall Green Team have not gone away! It doesn't have to be school work related.
- Please be aware- We have children in RDC who have an allergy to nuts. Please do not send your child to school with any food products/ creams / lip balms etc which may contain nuts. Thank you for your understanding and support.
- RDC need to arrive at school at 8.45am and will finish at 3pm
- EYFS Breakfast and After School Club will be in the middle Reception classroom and is £2 per day
- Children can bring packed lunches - please make them as disposable as possible
- Temperatures will still be taken as they come in to school
- Please would you be able to provide your child with a water bottle for use throughout the day as the drinking fountains are currently unavailable.
- Don't forget to write your child's name in any clothing/shoes to prevent them from getting lost or mixed up
- Please can you remember to pre-order your child's dinner on Parent Pay, if you need any support please either contact myself or the office.
- If you are providing your child with a packed lunch can you please ensure that all fruit (such as grapes) are cut vertically to prevent the risk of choking
- Thank you to all the families who have uploaded to Tapestry or brought into school photos of their child when they were younger.
- Please return homework and files on Mondays where possible (Tuesday at the latest) so they can go into quarantine before marking and sending back out again.
- Don't forget to use Reading eggs, each week. There is lots to do: reading books, challenges, the lessons, spelling, and fast phonics to mention but a few. At the beginning of the year, each child took the independent placement test, which matches their responses to the activities to an appropriate working level. We will redo these throughout the year, in order to support the children with suitable activities. If you have any difficulties accessing Reading eggs, for whatever reason, please contact Mrs Tait for support, or let your class teacher know.
- Activities will be posted daily on the Tapestry site for you to complete. If you do not have access to tapestry then please collect the Home Learning Pack each week available from the office.
- Reading eggs; there is lots to do: reading books, challenges, the lessons, spelling, and fast phonics to mention but a few. At the beginning of the year, each child took the independent placement test, which matches their responses to the activities to an appropriate working level. We will redo these throughout the year, in order to support the children with suitable activities. If you have any difficulties accessing Reading eggs, for whatever reason, please contact Mrs Tait for support, or let your class teacher know.
- If you are able to join us for the daily register on TEAMS, it will take place at 11:30am. Please click on the link sent to you or scheduled on your calendar. If not, no worries as a member of the Reception Team will also be making daily phone calls for attendance purposes and to asnwer any questions. Please answer these calls as they will be from a witheld number. If you have received one, but you are working, please phone school and speak to the Reception Team in school, so they can note your child's attendance.
Thank you for all your support!
RDC's Star of the Week:
Amirs - Well done!
RDC's Monster Champion:
- Great job!
Reading Eggs Certificate:
Willow-Grace- Super Reading!
Files to Download
RDC: News items
RDC: Blog items
RDC: Display work items
RDC: Events items
There are no Events items to display