RDC 2022 - 2023
Hello everyone and welcome to RDC!
Hello and Welcome RDC Class of 22-23!
On this webpage you will find lots of information and updates you will need throughout your time in Reception. Whilst you are counting down the days to September feel free to get to know us!
- RDC need to arrive at school at 8.45am and will finish at 3:15pm.
- If you are late to school please first sign them in at either the Whitehouse centre or the main school office to recieve a slip to bring them to class, this is also the case if you are collecting early.
- Breakfast club is a cost of £2 per day and is currently located at the creche through the KS1 playground.
- Please would you be able to provide your child with a water bottle for use throughout the day which is clearly labelled.
- Don't forget to write your child's name in any clothing/shoes to prevent them from getting lost or mixed up.
- Please can you remember to pre-order your child's dinner on Parent Pay, if you need any support please either contact myself or the office.
- If you are providing your child with a packed lunch can you please ensure that all fruit (such as grapes) are cut vertically to prevent the risk of choking.
Homework: Work will currently be on Tapestry due to paper shortages
- Read Write Phonics: Your child's phonics teacher and/or class teacher will send home links to videos for you to watch with your child to support their development with phonics, reading and writing. Please do watch them, as it will really help your child. They will be sent out when your child is ready for that learning session. (Check your child's Tapestry account for the video links.)
- Phonics Sound Cards and Handwriting Sheets: Your child will recieve the phonics sound card they have met duing their learning session to practise at home (if they do not already have it) and a handwriting sheet to practise forming the letter correctly. A few minutes practise each day at home as well as school will help the children to become confident with their sounds and use them to read and write.
- Bedtime Story Books: Each night you can read this story to your child to help develop their understanding of books and stories. It is an opportunity to ask questions about the book such as Where is the front? What is the title? What is the job of the person who writes the book? It is also a time where you can dive into the book and find out more, for example, Who are the main characters in the story? Where does the story take place? What do you think will happen on the next page? If you could change the story, how would you? Which parts did you like/dislike and why? These books will be changed once a week, so please bring them back into school on a Wednesday. Thank you.
- Ditty Sheets or Red Ditty Books: Some children are now at the stage to practise reading ditties (short sentences). If your child has a ditty sheet, a new one will be sent out every day. If your child has a ditty red book, they will receive a copy to practise with at home after they have used it in school first (usually a new one every three/four days). Please make sure you return the books daily as the children will be continuing to use it in their phonincs lessons and also we can exchange it for a new one when the children are ready. These resources are for the children to use to read to you at home each day.
- Green and Purple Books: These children are working on reading and writing sentences. If your child has a green or purple book, they will receive a copy to practise with at home after they have used it in school first (usually a new one every three/four days). Please make sure you return the books daily as the children will be continuing to use it in their phonincs lessons and also we can exchange it for a new one when the children are ready. These resources are for the children to use to read to you at home each day.
- PurpleMash: your child has also received their log in details to access PurpleMash online. There are various tasks that you can access to help support your child's learning in lots of different ways, including TODOs set by the team in school. Log in to find out more.
Thank you for all your support!
RDC's Star of the Week:
- Well done!
RDC's Monster Champion:
- Great job!
Files to Download
RDC: News items
Event Welcome Coffee Morning Wed 5th October 2022 KS1 Hall, by Mr Whitfield
RDC: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
RDC: Display work items
Queen Elizabeth II tribute by Reception Classes, by Miss Redford
RDC: Events items
There are no Events items to display