Annual Governance Statement
Annual Governance Statement for the Governing Body of Newall Green Primary School.
In accordance with the Government’s requirement for all governing bodies, the 3 core strategic functions of Newall Green Primary School Governing Body are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, values and strategic direction;
- Holding the Head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Local Governing board who have been designated responsibilities from the Board of Trustees is made up of
1x head of School, 2 parent governors, 2 staff governors, 6 Trust appointed Governors
The Full Governing Body meets at least once each term, we also have 2 committees to consider different aspects of the school in detail. These committees are:
- Curriculum Committee
- Pay and Performance Committee.
The work that we have completed in our committees:
- School budget monitoring
- Pupil premium / sports fund monitoring
- Child protection Policy updated
- Behaviour Policy updated
- Attendance Policy updated and progress to attendance target
- Implementation of the new Ofsted framework
Governors Body development plan 2021-2022
- To develop a clearer understanding of the difficulties the school faces around attendance and to facilitate change to improve pupil attendance.
- To ensure the infrastructure of the school is fit for purpose ensuring pupil and staff safety at all times.
- Building upon learning experiences within the curriculum promoting opportunities to develop life skills.
- To support the mental health and well-being of staff and pupils within school.
- To identify and monitor areas of the curriculum that need developing after Covid 19 lockdown.