School Aims & Mission Statement
At Newall Green Primary School, we provide an environment where children feel happy, safe and ready to learn the knowledge and skills identified within the national curriculum. We recognise every child as a unique individual and we aim for all of our children to have the knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable them to be successful in their future careers. Our Motto is ‘Aiming high to reach our goals’
We will know when we have achieved our aim because our children will have developed the five key skills for life these are: Problem solving, Teamwork, Self-management (initiative, Organisation and accountability), Self-belief (confidence, resilience, positive attitude) & Communication.
The children will be able to demonstrate that:
They are ‘A good Peace Mala Pal’ this is someone who:
• has a good sense of British Values?
• is able to empathise with others,
• has compassion and respect,
• is able to show forgiveness whilst being tolerant of others,
• can be patient
• is able to show courage.
They have Aspirations to be next stage ready:
• have developed the skills and knowledge to achieve their career aspirations.
• have developed the skills to be successful in the work place.
• be honest, punctual, behave respectfully and represent themselves well in the community.
• have reached age-related expectations or have fulfilled their academic potential – and are ready for their next stage of learning or have made good progress towards this.
• have a positive disposition and know how to manage their own wellbeing.
They have a curious nature: this is someone who is
• motivated to learn
• motivated to question and appreciate the world around us.
They have a good understanding of democracy: our children will:
• understand right from wrong
• take ownership of their own actions and decision making
• have a good general knowledge so that they are able to make balanced arguments
• follow rules and respect the rules of the school, work place or community
We want children to be able to tackle situations, think of ways to so solve problems, be motivated to learn and consequently achieve their best. At Newall Green Primary School, we provide an environment where children feel happy, safe and ready to learn. We recognise every child as a unique individual and we aim for our children to be independent learners, motivated by their natural curiosity about the world in which they live and have respect for others.