This page has many resources and activities you might want to carry out with your child. It will focus on the 2 areas of mathematical learning in EYFS: Number and Numerical pattern.
- Practise forming numbers 1-20
- Adding sums
- Subtracting sums
- Ping-pong counting- Take turns to say each number counting to 20 and back again e.g. Adult- "1" Child- "2"
- Matching numerals to quantities
- Understand the value of numbers 1-10
- Subitise (recognise quantities without counting) up to 5
- Practise recalling number bonds up to 5 (including subtraction facts)
- Practise double facts
Numerical Pattern Activities:
- Count forwards and backwards to 20
- Recognise the pattern of the counting system
- Compare quantities with amounts up to 10
- Practise doubling
- Practise recognising odd and even