Lunchtime Organiser Position - Posted 21/9/22
We currently have a vacancy in Newall Green Primary School for a Lunchtime Organiser.
The hours for this role are 10 hours per week. This is 11.30am to 1.30pm Monday to Friday.
The Grade for this position is Grade 1, Point 1. The annual salary for this role is £18,333. This is a Term Time Only position, which means you work for 38 weeks of the year. The actual annual salary for this is £4,905.00 gross.
All documents are available to download below and the completed application form needs to be emailed to:
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th September 2022.
Manchester City Council
Job Description Lunchtime Organiser
Education/School Based Staff
The post holder reports to the Senior Lunchtime Organiser, other main contacts are the Head Teacher, Assistant Head and pupils.
Supervision of the pupils in the dining area/s and elsewhere as required by the Headteacher.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To interact with children in their care and run focused play activities in designated areas.
- To supervise pupils in the dining area/s and elsewhere as required by the Headteacher. Use own initiative – eg. modelling use of knife & fork, cutting up children’s food, serving drinks,
- To help create an atmosphere so that the meal and lunchtime recreation is a pleasant experience for pupils and staff. Encouraging good dining room behaviour and managing expectations of noise levels.
- Taking pupils who have minor accidents or are unwell to the Senior Lunchtime Organiser, for first aid where necessary, and if first aid is not necessary, comforting and reassuring them.
- To report more serious accidents to the Senior Lunchtime Organiser.
- To accompany sick or injured pupils home or to hospital, in a taxi or other transport provided.
- Where the need arises, for instance with young children, or children with special needs, attending to their physical needs such as hand washing, feeding and toileting.
- To stock up toilet rolls, paper towels & soap in the children’s toilets.
- In Nursery only, to fill out Care Logs as directed by the Foundation Stage Leader.
- Mobile phones are not to be used whilst staff are on duty, unless by prior arrangement with the SLO.
- Lunchtime Organisers should make medical appointments outside their working hours. You are contracted to work 2 hours per day and are expected to arrange your appointments around your contracted hours. If you have an exceptional circumstance and need time off during your contracted hours you need to follow the schools procedure. You need to complete a Request of Absence Form and submit this to Mrs Rudd. Your request will be considered, but may not always be granted. Mrs Rudd will write to you to let you know her decision. The absence could be granted but may be unpaid. If the absence is refused and you decide to ignore the decision you could face a disciplinary action.
- If you have children of school age you are entitled to 3 Dependency Days per academic year to look after them when they are ill. If you take any more than this they will be unauthorised and unpaid.
Where the postholder is disabled every effort will be made to supply all necessary aids, adaptations or equipment to allow them to carry out all the duties of the job. If however, a certain task proves to be unachievable job redesign will be pursued.
Manchester City Council
To demonstrate an interest and involvement in working with children and young people
The ability to understand as well as supervise children and young people
Ability to respond to every day situations
Ability to communicate with others
To be available for work during school holidays if required (unless on annual leave).
Personal Styles and Behaviours
Willingness to consent to and apply for an enhanced/standard Criminal Records Bureau disclosure check
Tact and diplomacy in all interpersonal relationships
Personal commitment to excellence in service delivery
Desire to pursue own personal development and to undertake training as required.
Self motivation and personal drive to complete tasks to required time scales and quality standards
Discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
To carry out all duties with full regard to the City Council Equal Opportunities Policy