Local Governing Body Governors Statement
1. Building an understanding of the trust’s ambitions for the school and its pupils – its vison and strategy and how this is realised at school level out-lined in the School Development Plan. Monitor the implementation of the School Development Plan in accordance with the actions out-lined in the plan.
2. Knowing the Trust’s values and becoming familiar with key policies, understanding how these work in practice so that they are creating a healthy culture for all. Evidence by observation and discussion that actions outlined on the plan are being put into place.
3. Ensuring that trustees and the CEO are aware of parents’ and community views
4. Support and challenge NGPS leaders to ensure that the curriculum and the learning environment is the best that can be achieved for the pupils in NGPS.
5. Monitoring the work of the school, escalating any concerns to the CEO and / or trustees by:
a. Scrutinising reports on the school’s progress with achieving its ambitions
b. Scrutinising reports on how the school complies with key policies
c. Visiting the school during the school day and attending events
6. Reviewing key decisions made by the headteacher e.g. pupil exclusions and responses to complaints