WHAT IS PUPIL PREMIUM?
Pupil Premium is additional funding paid to school in respect of pupils who are, or have been registered for Free School Meals in the last six years, or are looked after continuously by the local authority for more than six months.
School received this funding to support their eligible pupils to help with funding and to narrow the attainments gap between them and their peers.
IS YOUR CHILD ENTITLED TO FREE SCHOOL MEALS?
If you think that your income is low and you receive any of the benegits lsited below then please ring the benefits helpdesk on 0161 234 5003 or visit the website at:- www.manchester.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Please check to see if you may be entitled to free school meals and apply if you think you qualify here: https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims
Please apply even if you do not take up the offer of a free school meal as this will ensure that school still receives the Pupil Premium funding which ultimately helps our budget and therefore your children.
If you would like more information regarding Pupil Premium or Free School Meals, please contact the school office.