WHAT IS PUPIL PREMIUM?
Pupil Premium is additional funding paid to school in respect of pupils who are, or have been registered for Free School Meals in the last six years, or are looked after contuniously by the local authority for more than six months.
School received this funding to support their eligible pupils to help with funding and to narrow the attainments gap between them and their peers.
IS YOUR CHILD ENTITLED TO FREE SCHOOL MEALS?
If you think that your income is low and you receive any of the benegits lsited below then please ring the benefits helpdesk on 0161 234 5003 or visit the website at:- www.manchester.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
You must be in receipt of either:-
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Universal Credit
Please check to see if you may be entitled to free school meals and apply if you think you qualify.
Please apply even if you do not take up the offer of a free school meal as this will ensure that school still receives the Pupil Premium funding which iltimately helps our budget and therefore your children.
If you would like more ifnormation regarding Pupil Premium or Free School Meals, please contact the school office.