Newall Green Primary safeguard their children by:
- Having designated safeguarding staff: Executive Head: Mrs Rudd, Safeguarding Lead: Mr Rudd and Governor: Sarah Drake, with Deputy Safeguarding staff, Lisa Redford, Sarah Burton, Elizabeth Pattenden, Kirstie McKenzie, Evelyn Uche, Alec Smith, Adam Pattenden, Sophie Tait, Cat Campbell and Helen Ackerley, making sure they are well trained.
- Making our children and adults feel safe in school by having clear steps to follow if anyone is worried or concerned. We ask Manchester Safeguarding Children Board for advice if we need it.
- Encouraging all our children, parents and staff to be themselves, no matter what their race, religion, family background or state of health.
- Making sure we know why children are off school, and helping them to be in school if we can.
- Attending meetings about individual pupils and making sure that personal information is kept confidential
- Being open and honest with children and parents when something is wrong and working together with them to make things better
Our Safeguarding Policy can be found below.
The NSPCC helpline is staffed by trained professionals who can provide expert advice and support. We’re here if you’re concerned about a child, if you’re a parent or carer looking for advice, or if you’re a professional in need of information and guidance.
Whatever your worry – call the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000, email us, or submit our online form – we can help. We also have advice about spotting the signs of abuse. You can call Monday to Friday 8am – 10pm or 9am – 6pm at the weekends, or email us at any time. It’s free and you don’t have to say who you are.
NSPCC Sexual Harassment or Abuse Helpline
The DfE have commissioned the NSPCC to operate a helpline for children and young people who have experienced sexual harassment or abuse at school, and for worried adults and professionals that need support and guidance. More information can be found here.