Confirmed Case of Covid in 5JE and the POD
Dear Parent, Carers
There has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within school.
We have carried out a full risk assessment and identified all those who have been in close contact with the affected case and have recommended that they stay at home and self-isolate until 14 days after their last contact.
Children in RECEPTION, YEAR 1, YEAR 2, YEAR 3, YEAR 4, 5HJ, 5SC and YEAR 6 HAVE NOT been identified as a close contact and therefore do not need to make any change to their usual routine and can come to school as normal. (Children in 2RO and Yr 6 completing 14 day isolation should return on Monday 19th October as previously advised).
Children in 5JE and THE POD have been advised to self isolate.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are a recent onset of a new continuous cough and/or a high temperature and/or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell.
If your child. Or anyone in your household, develops these symptoms, your whole household should remain at home and not go to work, school or public areas. You should arrange testing for the person who has developed symptoms. When the result is known further advice will be available.
Testing can be arranged by calling 119 or via the NHS website: www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
There are a few things we can all do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19:
· Wash your hands with soap and water often - do this for at least 20 seconds
· Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
· Wash your hands as soon as you get home
· Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue of your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
· Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
· Maintain an appropriate social distance with non-household members of over 2 metres.
Further information is available at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus