1AC 2023 - 2024
Welcome back 1AC,
Meet the Teacher:
We have got a busy term ahead.In year 1 this term ther are several imporatant things to remember! Firstly we are holding a welcome meeting for all the parents in year 1 on Wednesday 13th September where we will be going through some important information for this term!
- Please remember to bring a water bottle to class every day, these can be kept in the water tray and refilled by an adult if needed.
- Children will be given free fruit at playtime, if they wish they can bring their own fruit choice from home.
- Knowledge organisers will be avaliable every half term to give more detail on the objectives for each subject. These will be uploaded to school spider for you to see, you can share them with your children and even create your own at home to help you remember the facts.
- Reading is extremly important. Every child should aim to read for at least ten minutes each evening. Grown ups can also read to children using the bedtime story books avaliable to take home from the classroom.
- Home reading books - All staff have recently had training using Read, Write Inc. Children will bring books home to read that they will be familiar with based on their lessons. It is incredibly important that children regularly have their book bags in school to progress through the scheme and change the books regularly.
- Read Write Inc sound booklets - The booklets will be sent out to practise reading at home. You must practise these each day with your child. Remember to say "Special Friends, Fred Talk, read the word". Please come and see me if you are unsure on what to do with these.
- PE will be every Monday and Tuesday and children are asked to come to school PE ready with kit on. This includes pumps/trainers, joggers/leggings, t-shirt and jumper as it is outdoors. If possible please avoid hooded tops for safety. Please only put children in trainers with laces if they can tie them independently.
- Homework will be a termly project to begin the year and this task will support your child's learning in the classroom. Please come and see me if you have any questions!
- Mrs Collighan:)
Files to Download
1AC: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
1AC: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
1AC: Events items
There are no Events items to display