6JM 2023 - 2024
Hello everyone and welcome to 6JM's class page!
On this page you will find all the relevant information for your child throughout their time in Year 6. If you have any further questions, please feel free to speak to Mr Moore or Miss Slack.
- 6JM's school day starts at 8:45am each day and finishes at 15:00pm.
- If you are late (9:00am onwards), please take your child to the main office to sign them in. You will also need to pick them up from the office if you are picking them up early.
- PE will be on a Wednesday and Thursday throughout the Autumn term, so please send your child into school in appropriate attire. If you are unsure what the appropriate attire is, please refer to the School Uniform Policy.
- If your child has an afterschool sports club, please send your child to school in their uniform and they will be given time to change into their PE kits before the club starts.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle that can be used each day. There are facilities in school for these to be refilled.
- We are a Healthy School, so please can you ensure that your child's water bottle is only filled with water or a sugar free cordial, and their snacks follow the Healthy Schools Policy.
- Don't forget to clearly label any clothing/shoes with your child's name and class to prevent them from getting mixed up/lost.
- Please send your child into school daily with their reading book and planner.
- Please can you ensure that your child does not come to school in any sports tops as this can cause lots of disagreements and falling outs between friends. Refer to our School Uniform Policy for further information.
- Spellings - Your child will be given a spelling list to practise at home each Monday. They are tested on these spellings on the following Monday.
- Maths and Literacy - Your child will be given a piece of Maths and a piece of Literacy homework to complete each week. It will be handed out every Wednesday and is expected to be returned by the following Monday. If your child does not bring their homework in, they will be given a breaktime detention to complete this during school.
- Reading - Please can you ensure that you are reading with your child for twenty-five minutes each evening. When you have read with them, please let us know by writing a comment in their planner. We check planners at the end of each week and give out rewards to children that are reading at home.
- Purple Mash - Your child has received their log in details to access PurpleMash online. There are various tasks that you can access to help support your child's learning in lots of different ways, including TODOs set by the team in school. Log in to find out more.
- TTRockstars - Your child has also recieved log in details to access TTRockstars. This is a fun and engaging way to help children practise their times tables and division facts, which will help them with their Maths learning in school.
If your child is struggling with their homework, please let me know so that I am able to go through it with them.
The topics that we will be looking at this half term are:
If you have any questions or want to know any more about what our topics will be covering, please feel free to look through our knowledge organisers below or talk to me at the classroom door.
Take a look at our learning!
Files to Download
6JM: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
6JM: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
6JM: Events items
There are no Events items to display