2CK 2021 - 2022
Welcome to 2CK,
I hope you have all had a wondeful summer and I am looking forward to seeing you all after half term on Monday 1st November 2021. I am looking forward to teaching you lots of new things and enjoying our interesting topics this year!
- Please remember to bring a water bottle to class every day, these can be kept on the desk and refilled by an adult if needed.
- Children will be given free fruit at playtime, if they wish they can bring their own fruit choice from home.
- Knowledge organisers will be available every half term to give more detail on the objectives for each subject. Share them with your children and even create your own at home to help you remember the facts.
- Reading is extremely important. Every child should aim to read for at least ten minutes each evening. Grown-ups can also read to children. We are also very lucky to have individual logins for reading eggs, please login and use the app as often as you can to support reading skills.
- Home reading books - For the first few weeks children will be given a reading book based on their previous level in year 1. All staff have recently had training on Read, Write Inc and we will be moving to this scheme once all the children have completed a quick assessment to indicate their starting level. Children will then bring books home to read that they will be familiar with based on their lessons. It is incredibly important that children regularly have their book bags in school to progress through the scheme and change the books regularly. More information will be given to parents/carers during the first few weeks.
- PE will be every FRIDAY and children are asked to come to school PE ready with kit on. This includes pumps/trainers, joggers/leggings, t-shirt and jumper as it is outdoors. If possible please avoid hooded tops for safety.
- Homework will be given every Friday. These tasks will support your child's learning in the classroom. Please ask children to put completed homework in the homework tray by the door.
See you Monday morning,
Miss Kerr :)
Files to Download
2CK: News items
2CK: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
2CK: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display