2CK 2022 - 2023
I hope you have all had a lovely Easter break filled with with lots of chocolate! I am looking forward to our next half term together and learning lots of new and exciting things. The knowledge organisers for Summer 1 can be found below.
Dates to Remember:
- Monday 24th April - Trip to SeaLife
- Wednesday 26th April - Beep! Beep! Road Safety Day
- Monday 1st May - Early May Bank Holiday
- Friday 5th May - Coronation Picnic
- Monday 8th May - Bank Holiday for the coronation of King Charles III
- Friday 26th May - Class Photo Day
- 2CK need to arrive at school at 8.45am and will finish at 3:15pm.
- If you are late to school please sign your child in at the main school office, this is also the case if you are collecting early.
- Our PE day is Thursday, please make sure that your child comes into school in their PE kit. This includes pumps/trainers, joggers/leggings, t-shirt and jumper as it is outdoors. If possible please avoid hooded tops for safety. Please only put children in trainers with laces if they can tie them independently.
- Please would you be able to provide your child with a water bottle for use throughout the day which is clearly labelled.
- Don't forget to write your child's name in any clothing/shoes to prevent them from getting lost or mixed up.
- Maths and Literacy: Every Friday your child will bring home a piece of maths and literacy homework which needs to be completed and put in the homework box by the classroom door before the following Friday. The homework set will be a task to support what they have been doing that week in school, so it is important that it is completed and returned.
- Read Write Inc: Your child's phonics teacher and/or class teacher will send home a copy of the book that they have been reading in their Read Write Inc lessons and also a corresponding book bag book. It is important that your child brings their book bag into school daily so that their book can be changed when the next book is ready to be sent home. Please read with your child for 10 minutes each day.
- Bedtime Story Books: Each night you can read this story to your child to help develop their understanding of books and stories. It is an opportunity to ask questions about the book such as Where is the front? What is the title? What is the job of the person who writes the book? It is also a time where you can dive into the book and find out more, for example, Who are the main characters in the story? Where does the story take place? What do you think will happen on the next page? If you could change the story, how would you? Which parts did you like/dislike and why? These books can be changed daily by the children.
- PurpleMash: Your child has also received their log in details to access PurpleMash online. There are various tasks that you can access to help support your child's learning in lots of different ways, including 2Dos set by the team in school.
- Times Tables Rock Stars: In your child's planner they will have a login for TT Rockstars, it is important that they go on this as often as possible to help develop their knowledge of their times tables and the corresponding division facts. They are able to compete with their peers and teachers, as well as buy items for their character in the shop with the coins they earn for answering each question correctly.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to Miss Kerr at drop off or collection.
Files to Download
2CK: News items
Pupil of the Day Competition, by Miss Redford
100% Attendance Reward Draw, by Miss Redford
Event Welcome Coffee Morning Wed 5th October 2022 KS1 Hall, by Mr Whitfield
2CK: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
2CK: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
2CK: Events items
There are no Events items to display
We are very social...