1TB 2023 - 2024
Welcome to 1TB,
Class Teacher - Miss Brooks
Class TA - Mrs Gill
I hope you all had a lovely holiday and I am really looking forward to being your teacher in Year 1.
Our important dates to remember can be found by clicking this link
Below you will find important information for the year ahead and the knowledge organisers for the Autumn half term to find out what learning is coming up.
- School day starts at 9:00 and finishes at 3:15 (The school gate will open at 8:45)
- If you are late (9:00am onwards), please take your child to the main office to sign them in and receive a red slip.
- Early pick up’s need to collect from the office, with the relevant evidence for early collection.
- Please ensure your child is dressed in acceptable Newall Green Primary School uniform following our policy - on Tuesday's, Thursday's and Friday's.
- PE will be on a Monday and Wednesday, so please send your child into school in appropriate PE kit according to the uniform policy (white t-shirt, navy / black shorts / trousers, black trainers). No sports tops.
- Don't forget to clearly label any clothing/shoes with your child's name and class to prevent them from getting mixed up/lost.
- If your child has an after-school sports club, please send your child to school in their uniform and they will be given time to change into their PE kits before the club starts.
- Please can you remember to pre-order your child's dinner on Parent Pay, if you need any support, please contact the office.
- Please consider downloading the School Spider App and speak to the main office for login details.
- A reminder for all parents to check the school calendar on the website for upcoming events.
- Please remember to bring a labelled water bottle to class every day, these can be kept in the water tray and refilled by an adult if needed.
- Children will be given free fruit at playtime, if they wish they can bring their own fruit or healthy snack from home.
- We are a Healthy School, so please can you ensure that your child's water bottle is only filled with water or a sugar-free cordial, and their snacks follow the Healthy Schools Policy.
- Knowledge organisers will be avaliable every half term to give more detail on the objectives for each subject. These will be uploaded to school spider for you to see, you can share them with your children and even create your own at home to help you remember the facts.
- Reading is extremly important. Every child should aim to read for at least ten minutes each evening. Grown ups can also read to children using the bedtime story books avaliable to take home from the classroom.
- Home reading books - All staff have recently had training using Read, Write Inc. Children will bring books home to read that they will be familiar with based on their lessons. It is incredibly important that children regularly have their book bags in school to progress through the scheme and change the books regularly.
- Read Write Inc sound booklets - These yellow booklets were sent out prior to the Easter holiday. You must practise these each day with your child. Remember to say "Special Friends, Fred Talk, read the word". Please come and see me if you are unsure on what to do with these.
- Homework will be a termly project to begin the year and this task will support your child's learning in the classroom.
Miss Brooks :)
Files to Download
1TB: News items
1TB: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
1TB: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display