2RB 2022 - 2023
Welcome to 2RB,
I hope you have had an amazing break with your friends and family and excited for the last term in Year 2. Please see the knowledge organisers for the Summer term below for more information.
- Sealife - 24th April
- Beep! Beep! Road safety day - 26th April
- King Charles III Coronation - 8th May
- Please arrive to school on time, our classroom doors are open from 8:45, children finish at 3:15.
- Remember to bring a water bottle to class every day, these can be kept in the water tray and refilled if needed.
- Children will be given free fruit at playtime, if they wish they can bring their own fruit choice from home.
- Knowledge organisers will be avaliable every half term to give more detail on the objectives for each subject. Share them with your children and even create your own at home to help you remember the facts.
- Reading is extremly important. Every child should aim to read for at least ten minutes each evening. Grown ups can also read to children using the bedtime story books avaliable to take home from the classroom. We are also very lucky to have individual logins for reading eggs, please login and use the app as often as you can to support reading skills.
- PE will be every WEDNESDAY and children are asked to come to school PE ready with kit on. This includes pumps/trainers, joggers/leggings, t-shirt and jumper as it is outdoors. If possible please avoid hooded tops for safety. Please only put children in trainers with laces if they can tie them independently.
- Literacy and Maths: will be given every Friday. These tasks will support your child's learning in the classroom. Please ask children to put completed homework in the homework tray by the following Friday.
- Home reading books - All staff have had training using Read, Write Inc. Chn will bring books home to read that they will be familiar with based on their lessons. It is incredibly important that children regularly have their book bags in school to progress through the scheme and change the books regularly.
- Bedtime story books: each night you can read a story to your child to help develop their understanding of books and improve vocabulary development. It is also a great opportunity to ask questions about the book such as Where is the title? Who is the author and illustrator? It is also a time to dive into a book and find out more, for example, discussing character traits, make predictions and review their thoughts on the book.
- PurpleMash: every child has a login to our online ICT package. Through PurpleMash we teach lessons and tasks can be practised at home too. There are also lots of fun task for the children to use at leisure.
- Time Tables Rock Stars: all children have been given a TT Rockstars login. This is a fun app which can also be accessed from an internet browser to support learning of times tables. Children can play online with their peers and build up coins for correct answers.
If you have any questions or concerns please speak to Ms Bond or any other member of staff in 2RB.
Files to Download
2RB: News items
Pupil of the Day Competition, by Miss Redford
100% Attendance Reward Draw, by Miss Redford
Event Welcome Coffee Morning Wed 5th October 2022 KS1 Hall, by Mr Whitfield
2RB: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
2RB: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
2RB: Events items
There are no Events items to display
We are very social...