6HJ 2023 - 2024
Welcome to 6HJ!
Hello everyone and welcome to Y6 with Miss Jones, Mrs Kirkham and Mrs Vickers.
Over the year we have lots of exciting things to look forward to, from the residential to the Y6 production. We will also be busy working towards our SATS in May and getting ready for high school in the summer term. We have lots of trips to look forward to as well, including a trip to Quarry Bank Mill on November 29th!
Dates to Remember:
Parent Meeting KS2 Hall - Thursday 14th September 9:00-9:30am
6HJ Class Assembly 5th October KS2 Hall 9:00-9:30am
Parent's Evening 18th October 3:30-7:00pm
- The school day starts at 8:45am each day and finishes at 15:00pm.
- If you are late (9:00am onwards), please take your child to the main office to sign them in and receive a red slip. You will also need to pick them up from the office if you are picking them up early.
- PE will be on a Wednesday and Thursday throughout the Autumn term, so please send your child into school in appropriate attire (white t-shirt, navy / black shorts / trousers, black trainers). If you are unsure what the appropriate attire is, please refer to the School Uniform Policy.
- If your child has an afterschool sports club, please send your child to school in their uniform and they will be given time to change into their PE kits before the club starts.
- Please can you remember to pre-order your child's dinner on Parent Pay, if you need any support, please contact the office.
- Remember to download the School Spider App and get your login details from the office. From October half term, correspondence will be sent through this method only.
- Remember to check the school calendar on the website for upcoming events!
- Please provide your child with a water bottle that can be used each day. There are facilities in school for these to be refilled.
- We are a Healthy School, so please can you ensure that your child's water bottle is only filled with water or a sugar free cordial, and their snacks follow the Healthy Schools Policy.
- Don't forget to clearly label any clothing/shoes with your child's name and class to prevent them from getting mixed up/lost.
- Please send your child into school daily with their reading book and planner.
- Please can you ensure that your child does not come to school in any sports tops. Refer to our School Uniform Policy for further information.
- Spellings - Your child will be given a spelling list to practise at home each Monday. They are tested on these spellings on the following Monday.
- Maths and Literacy - Your child will be given a piece of Maths and a piece of Literacy homework to complete each week. It will be handed out every Wednesday and is expected to be returned by the following Monday. If your child does not bring their homework in, they will be given a breaktime detention to complete this during school.
- Reading - Please can you ensure that you are reading with your child for twenty-five minutes each evening. When you have read with them, please let us know by writing a comment in their planner. We check planners at the end of each week and give out rewards to children that are reading at home.
- Purple Mash - Your child has received their log in details to access PurpleMash online. There are various tasks that you can access to help support your child's learning in lots of different ways, including TODOs set by the team in school. Log in to find out more.
- TTRockstars - Your child has also recieved log in details to access TTRockstars. This is a fun and engaging way to help children practise their times tables and division facts, which will help them with their Maths learning in school.
If your child is struggling with their homework, please let us know so that we can go through it with them.
Literacy - Y6 Spelling and Grammar and Floodland by Marcus Sedgwick
Guided Reading - Floodland by Marcus Sedgwick
Maths - Place Value, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division
Science - Classifying Organisms
Art - Flowers
RE - Sikhism and Beliefs in God
PE - Ultimate Frisbee and Cricket
ICT - Online Safety
Geography - Climate Change
Music - Happy by Pharell Williams
Our Class Novel - Cogheart by Peter Bunzl
Files to Download
6HJ: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
6HJ: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
6HJ: Events items
There are no Events items to display