RRG 2021 - 2022
Hello Team RRG,
Welcome to the Team whereby we work together to enable the best for your child's learning and development. If you have any questions or comments, please do speak to one of us. Sometimes it can be busy at the door, so if there is something you need to discuss, please ask to meet and we will sort that out.
- RRG need to arrive at school at 8.45am, register is at 8:55am, the gate closes at 9:00am and will finish at 3:15pm.
- If you are late to school please first sign them in at either the Whitehouse centre or the main school office to recieve a slip to bring them to class, this is also the case if you are collecting early.
- The EYFS Breakfast Club and After School Club is in the white building on the Key Stage 1 playgound (look out for the minions). There is a small charge for using this facility, please speak to the club team or the school office to find out more.
- Tapestry is an online learning journal helping staff and families celebrate their children's learning and development. Together we build a special record of your child's experiences at school and home, by uploading photographs, videos and comments/diary entries, across the year. This then tells the story of your child's development, which you can keep by downloading a copy at the end of the Reception. It is also a platform used to communicate between home and school, with additional home learning activities, notes and reminders. Together we can capture your child's development so we value all those uploads made from activities and experiences you do with your child. If you have an account from when your child attended NGPS nursery, it will be moved up into Reception. If you do not yet have an accou, we will aim to set this up with you during the first few weeks.
- Please may you provide your child with a water bottle for use throughout the day. We are a healthy school, so may we remind you to fill the bottles with water.
- Don't forget to write your child's name in any clothing, shoes, water bottles and bags to prevent them from getting lost or mixed up. There is a temporary lost property box in RRA, or the main lost property store in the Whitehouse Centre should your child loose any of their belongings.
- Please can you remember to pre-order your child's dinner on Parent Pay, you know your child's eating habbits best so it helps them to have something they will eat. If you need any support setting this up, please contact the school office. (Recpetion children are able to have a free school meal under the government's scheme.)
- If you are providing your child with a packed lunch may you please ensure that all fruit (such as grapes) are cut vertically to prevent the risk of choking.
- The weather is very changeable at the moment, so please make sure your child is dressed for the day. If you send your child into school with suncream, make sure they have some on in the morning before they arrive and please label the bottle as we have to make sure the children only use their own due to allergies. Please remember wellies too need labelling if you are bringing them into school.
- For up-to-date information, please keep an eye on School Spider, Tapestry and the school's Facebook page.
Learning at Home:
- Reading eggs there is lots to do: reading books, challenges, the lessons, spelling, and fast phonics to mention but a few. At the beginning of the year, each child will take the independent placement test, which matches their responses to the activities to an appropriate working level. We will redo these throughout the year, in order to support the children with suitable activities. If you have any difficulties accessing Reading eggs, for whatever reason, please contact Mrs Tait for support, or let your class teacher know. If your child attended the NGPS nursery, you will have the same log in details. Children who are new to NGPS will recieve their log in details within the first half-term;
- Read Write Phonics: Your class teacher will send home links to videos for you to watch with your child to support their development with phonics, reading and writing. Please do watch them, as it will really help your child. They will be sent out when your child is ready for that learning session.
RRG's Monster Class Champion
RRG's Star of the Week
RRG's Reading Egg Certificates
RRG: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
RRG: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
RRG: Events items
There are no Events items to display