3MP 2023 - 2024
Welcome back to school and welcome to 3MP. We hope you’ve all had a lovely, restful break and we can’t wait to get started with some fantastic learning over the Autumn term.
Here is some useful information to help you get settled back into school life.
Our important dates to remember can be found by clicking this link
- School day starts at 8:45am and finishes at 3pm.
- If you are late (9:00am onwards), please take your child to the main office to sign them in and receive a red slip.
- Early pick up’s need to collect from the office, with the relevant evidence for early collection.
- Uniform reminder.
- PE will be on a Monday and Tuesday, so please send your child into school in appropriate PE kit according to the uniform policy (white t-shirt, navy / black shorts / trousers, black trainers). No sports tops.
- If your child has an after-school sports club, please send your child to school in their uniform and they will be given time to change into their PE kits before the club starts.
- Please can you remember to pre-order your child's dinner on Parent Pay, if you need any support, please contact the office.
- A reminder for all parents to check the school calendar on the website for upcoming events.
- Please provide your child with a labelled water bottle that can be used each day. There are facilities in school for these to be refilled.
- We are a Healthy School, so please can you ensure that your child's water bottle is only filled with water or a sugar-free cordial, and their snacks follow the Healthy Schools Policy.
- Don't forget to clearly label any clothing/shoes with your child's name and class to prevent them from getting mixed up/lost.
- Please send your child into school daily with their reading book and planner.
Our PE lessons will be on a Monday and Tuesday so children can come to school in their PE kit. Please remember no jewellery, football shirts and appropriate footwear.
It is really important that your child reads 20 minutes each day minimum. If you are able to read with your child, that is also extremely beneficial to support them. Please could you update reading records in your child’s planner and sign this each week.
Homework will be sent out weekly on a Friday. This will be literacy, maths and spellings which will be consolidating learning they have done in the classroom that week. Please encourage your child to return this to school on a Thursday.
Read Write Inc
To provide children with additional reading and writing support, some pupils will be receiving additional reading booklets. These correspond to the reading and writing activities we will complete in class. Practising at home will give your child a greater chance to thrive.
Each child will be given a login to TT Rockstars and Purple Mash. These are all apps that you can access through most computers and laptops, as well as tablets. If you are missing or have misplaced a login, please let a school adult know.
We will be having a huge focus on Times Tables in year 3 in preparation for the Multiplication Tables Check in year 4. It is very important that by the end of year 4, the children know all of their times tables fluently up to 12 x 12. We will do lots of work on this in year 3 but please encourage your children to do extra practice at home. They all have Times Table Rock stars logins which is a fantastic resource for practising.
Golden Time will take place every Friday afternoon to celebrate the children's hard work and good behaviour - the children can bring one toy and we will sometimes have special activities or treats.
We are learning about some fantastic topics this Autumn term.
Please see attached in the files section the knowledge organisers for each subject. This will give you an overview of what your child is learning about.
Please keep checking your class page for further updates.
Files to Download
3MP: News items
3MP: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
3MP: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display