2KS 2023 - 2024
Welcome to 2KS,
I hope you have all had a lovely Summer break and are feeling ready for Year 2! I am looking forward to our first half term together and learning about lots of new and exciting things. Below you can find class information (which will be regularly updated) and knowledge organisers for this half term.
Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday 12th September - Meet the Teachers
- Please arrive to school on time, our classroom doors are open from 8:45, children finish at 3:15.
- If you are late (9:00am onwards), please take your child to the main office to sign them in and receive a red slip.
- Remember to bring a water bottle to class every day, these can be kept in the water tray and refilled if needed.
- Children will be given free fruit at playtime, if they wish they can bring their own fruit choice from home.
- Early pick up’s need to collect from the office, with the relevant evidence for early collection.
- PE will be on a Tuesday (indoors) and Thursday (outside), so please send your child into school in appropriate PE kit according to the uniform policy (white t-shirt, navy / black shorts / trousers, black trainers). No sports tops.
- If your child has an after-school sports club, please send your child to school in their uniform and they will be given time to change into their PE kits before the club starts.
- A reminder for all parents to check the school calendar on the website for upcoming events.
- Don't forget to clearly label any clothing/shoes with your child's name and class to prevent them from getting mixed up/lost.
- Literacy and Maths: will be given every Friday. These tasks will support your child's learning in the classroom. Please ask children to put completed homework in the homework tray by the following Friday.
- Home reading books - All staff have had training using Read, Write Inc. Chn will bring books home to read that they will be familiar with based on their lessons. It is incredibly important that children regularly have their book bags in school to progress through the scheme and change the books regularly.
- Bedtime story books: each night you can read a story to your child to help develop their understanding of books and improve vocabulary development. It is also a great opportunity to ask questions about the book such as Where is the title? Who is the author and illustrator? It is also a time to dive into a book and find out more, for example, discussing character traits, make predictions and review their thoughts on the book.
- PurpleMash: every child has a login to our online ICT package. Through PurpleMash we teach lessons and tasks can be practised at home too. There are also lots of fun task for the children to use at leisure.
- Time Tables Rock Stars: all children have been given a TT Rockstars login. This is a fun app which can also be accessed from an internet browser to support learning of times tables. Children can play online with their peers and build up coins for correct answers.
- Knowledge organisers will be avaliable every half term to give more detail on the objectives for each subject. Share them with your children and even create your own at home to help you remember the facts.
- Reading is extremly important. Every child should aim to read for at least ten minutes each evening. Grown ups can also read to children using the bedtime story books avaliable to take home from the classroom. We are also very lucky to have individual logins for reading eggs, please login and use the app as often as you can to support reading skills.
Files to Download
2KS: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
2KS: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
2KS: Events items
There are no Events items to display