2KS 2022 - 2023
Welcome to 2KS,
I hope you have all had a lovely Easter break! I am looking forward to our next half term together and learning lots of new and exciting things. The knowledge organisers for Summer 1 can be found below.
Dates for your diary:
- Monday 24th April - Trip to SeaLife
- Wednesday 26th April - Beep! Beep! Road Safety Day
- Monday 1st May - Early May Bank Holiday
- Monday 8th May - Bank Holiday for the coronation of King Charles III
- Please remember to bring a water bottle to class every day, these can be refilled if needed.
- Children will be given free fruit at playtime, if they wish they can bring their own fruit choice or healthy snack from home.
- Knowledge organisers will be available every half term to give more detail on the objectives for each subject. Share them with your children and even create your own at home to help you remember the facts.
- Reading is extremely important. Every child should aim to read for at least ten minutes each evening. Grown-ups can read the bedtime storybooks from the class box to their children each evening. We are also very lucky to have individual logins for Reading Eggs, please login and use the app as often as you can to support reading skills.
- Home reading books - Children will be continuing with Read Write Inc this half term and will be sent home with a Read Write Inc book, a Read Write Inc book bag book and a bedtime story book. Please make sure that your child brings their book bag, containing all 3 books, into school each day. If you have any books from last half term, please can you make sure that they are returned to school as they will be being used be a new group.
- PE will be every TUESDAY and children are asked to come to school PE ready with kit on. This includes pumps/trainers, joggers/leggings, t-shirt and jumper as it is outdoors. If possible please avoid hooded tops for safety.
- Homework will be given every Friday. These tasks will support your child's learning in the classroom. Please ask children to put completed homework in the homework tray by the door.
Files to Download
2KS: News items
Pupil of the Day Competition, by Miss Redford
100% Attendance Reward Draw, by Miss Redford
Event Welcome Coffee Morning Wed 5th October 2022 KS1 Hall, by Mr Whitfield
2KS: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
2KS: Display work items
2KS Art 16/09/22, by Mr Whitfield
2KS Telling a story 19/9/22, by Mr Whitfield
2KS: Events items
There are no Events items to display
We are very social...