5HJ 2022 - 2023
Welcome to 5HJ's Class Page!
Here you will find all the relevant information for your child throughout their time in Year 5. If you have any further questions, please feel free to speak to Miss Jeacott, Miss Slack or Miss Smith.
- The school day starts at 8:45am each day and finishes at 15:00pm.
- If you are late (9:00am onwards), please take your child to the main office to sign them in. You will also need to pick them up from the office if you are picking them up early.
Trips: Our next trip is to Aerozone!
Homework: Homework will be handed out on a Thursday and due back the following Tuesday. If your child is finding the homework difficult, please ask them to speak to myself, Miss Slack or Miss Smith before it is due in so we can help support them. We would appreciate your support and encouragement with this too.
PE: PE will be every Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon. Please make sure that your child is in their PE kits on these days.
Topics we will be covering this half term are:
Literacy: Playscripts (Shakespeare) and poetry
Numeracy: Deciamls, fractions, percentages, area, perimeter.
Art: Flemish Art
R.E: Green Religion
French: Solar System
Music: The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
ICT: 3D modelling
Please have a look at our knowledge organisers so you can see what your child will be learning about in more detail.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle that can be used each day. There are facilities in school for these to be refilled.
- We are a Healthy School, so please can you ensure that your child's water bottle is only filled with water and their snacks follow the school policy.
- Don't forget to clearly label any clothing/shoes with your child's name and class to prevent them from getting mixed up/lost.
- Please send your child into school daily with their reading book and planner.
- Please can you ensure that your child does not come to school in any sports tops as this can cause lots of disagreements and falling outs between friends. Refer to our school uniform policy for further information.
Reading: We are regularly checking that your child is bringing in their reading books and planners. It is expected that your child reads every night and gets their planners signed.
Spellings: Your child will get their new spelling list every Monday and will be tested the following Monday.
Files to Download
5HJ: News items
Pupil of the Day Competition, by Miss Redford
100% Attendance Reward Draw, by Miss Redford
Event Welcome Coffee Morning Wed 5th October 2022 KS1 Hall, by Mr Whitfield
5HJ: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
5HJ: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
5HJ: Events items
There are no Events items to display
We are very social...