5HJ 2023 - 2024
Welcome to 5HJ's Class Page!
Here you will find all the relevant information for your child throughout their time in Year 5. If you have any further questions, please feel free to speak to Miss Jeacott, Mrs Knight or Miss Carson.
- The school day starts at 8:45am each day and finishes at 15:00pm.
- If you are late (9:00am onwards), please take your child to the main office to sign them in. You will also need to pick them up from the office if you are picking them up early.
Our important dates to remember can be found by clicking this link
Homework: Homework will be handed out on a Thursday and due back the following Tuesday. If your child is finding the homework difficult, please ask them to speak to myself, Mrs Knight or Miss Carson before it is due in so we can help support them. We would appreciate your support and encouragement with this too.
PE: PE will be every Wednesday and Thursday morning. Please make sure that your child is in their PE kits on these days.
Below is the following topics which we will be covering over Autumn 1.
Please have a look at our knowledge organisers so you can see what your child will be learning about in more detail.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle that can be used each day. There are facilities in school for these to be refilled.
- We are a Healthy School, so please can you ensure that your child's water bottle is only filled with water and their snacks follow the school policy.
- Don't forget to clearly label any clothing/shoes with your child's name and class to prevent them from getting mixed up/lost.
- Please send your child into school daily with their reading book and planner.
- Please can you ensure that your child does not come to school in any sports tops as this can cause lots of disagreements and falling outs between friends. Refer to our school uniform policy for further information.
- If your child has an after-school sports club, please send your child to school in their uniform and they will be given time to change into their PE kits before the club starts.
- Please can you remember to pre-order your child's dinner on Parent Pay, if you need any support, please contact the office.
- Information regarding School Spider (advising them, if they haven’t already, to get the School Spider App and login details from the office, as from the October half term, correspondence will be sent through that method only)
- A reminder for all parents to check the school calendar on the website for upcoming events.
Reading: We are regularly checking that your child is bringing in their reading books and planners. It is expected that your child reads every night and gets their planners signed.
Purple Mash - Your child has received their log in details to access PurpleMash online. There are various tasks that you can access to help support your child's learning in lots of different ways, including TODOs set by the team in school. Log in to find out more.
TTRockstars - Your child has also recieved log in details to access TTRockstars. This is a fun and engaging way to help children practise their times tables and division facts, which will help them with their Maths learning in school.
Files to Download
5HJ: News items
5HJ: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
5HJ: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display